Thursday, September 10, 2009

continued education day 1

First day on the continuing education train (yet again)
Step 1: start VT's 23 things
Step 2: create Blog
Step 3: think of a theme - so here we go:

Theme for the next few weeks will be 'what I learn about life from all the books I handle in the library'.

This will be fun - I am not a great writer, but I think looking for life lessons in all that crosses my desk should be a good challenge. What do we know about life anyway? This week at home alone the reading materials range from the local newspaper, to Extremely loud and Incredibly Close, to If you give a Mouse a Cookie.

Given those three options, here's what I learned today:

  • judging by all the classifieds many people are not feeling the economic recovery the big shots keep telling us is happening.
  • September 11th had a great effect on generations yet to come
  • Be carefully who you share your cookies with!
Maybe not earth shattering conclusions, but at least this blog will lead me to have to think a little more and a little deeper about the things I read!

No comments:

Post a Comment