Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Every book leads to new questions...







With a family of five there always seem to be books around the house -
the most pressing question is usually 'from which library, and when are they due?'

Since I am reviewing all the materials crossing my desk (and my life) for this blog I thought I would list this weeks family reading with a question for each...

mom: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Foer
Q: do we think the boy may have a minor condition that directs his thoughts?

dad: Devil May Care by Faulks
Q: can Ian Flemming's dark moody adventures really be replicated?

child 1: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Q: is Dumbledore really dead? Is Snape really evil?

child 2: First the Egg by Vaccaro
Q: so what did come first?

child 3: If you give a mouse a cookie by Numeroff
Q: why do authors feel the need to produce so many sequels to what were great concepts, only to take away from the original ideas, themes, and imagination?

This weeks' real learning will come from back issues of Booklist,
so that I may better serve my patrons when they ask for a good read!
I would love to hear from other librarians how
they stay updated on all the materials
available to their patrons , so as to better
serve their communities!






No comments:

Post a Comment